Friday, February 27, 2009

Late for an Update!



Lately things have been crazy busy.. not just even a little but a whole lot! So much has happened this past month in our little household that I have not even considered blogging! But here it is, the end of February and I am finally to a point where I want to begin documenting again. I have uploaded by blurb.com software and am busy formatting all 3 years of this blog into yearly journals, it's the coolest thing! and Tad & I will have such great memories as we thumb through our books later on and remember everything!

So, 2009 must be documented and blogged even thought we aren't traveling this year!

The biggest news, we now have not just one but two (yes I said two!) 17 year old young ladies living with us. Both in High School, both in drivers ed .. yes, I think we have gone off the deep end. Our quiet, relaxed home is now full of mischief and drama! LOL

Tiffany is a friend of my son Cody's ...



And my beautiful daughter Lindsay finally moved home to her mama ...



To celebrate, we packed up and spent a wonderful weekend with the Furey/Harvey family at Moclips WA beach. We love it there! It's so peaceful with long, sandy beach to walk & talk or just spend some time thinking..



On the home front, Tad has been a tree faller! We are thinning out our little forest a bit. He falls them and chainsaws them into small logs which I then split and stack for future firewood. It's keeping us in shape! We have pruned our fruit trees and planned our garden area. We are so excited about our home, it has brought us so much joy already.

On February 10th, we had even more snow! I think that might be the last of the heavy snowfall for the year.

We anxiously watch our friends blogs who are down in Mexico living the salty life. We can now looks back with amazement and say, remember when? It's still not enough to ever get us back on a sailboat, I think we are content to be landlubbers for life!

2 comments:

Delores Carter said...

Love the pic of the Rufous-sided Towhee! I took a pic of one in the last snowstorm (Dec) but mine came out too blurry. You got a great shot! Also loved the pilings.

Anonymous said...

No wonder you don't have time to blog - you are a busy girl!
At my house it's quiet now, because all my kids have moved out - the last one, 2y. ago - but now I have more time and money (!) to paint, so I like it!