Monday, March 01, 2010

Tina De Bano - Bath Remodel






This was one of those things you look at when you buy a house and think to yourself 'what??' was someone thinking. This bad boy had 2 water heaters hooked up just to fill it. No insulation underneath so you could literally feel a cool breeze blow across your feet while standing next to it. I never used it the whole 1.5 years we have been here.


Out it goes!





When we were in Mexico in Tzintzuntzan, Michoacán we saw a lot of copper art, sinks, tubs.. so we found someone who imported copper tubs and we ordered one.

It arrived in a big wooden crate...



and on the front it said:



Nope, it wasn't a note specifically addressed to me.. Tina means bath tub in Spanish! haha

Tad re-did the flooring and wall space with wood for a sauna like feel.
We wanted a good water flow so instead of using regular bathroom plumbing fixtures, Tad installed outdoor spigots to the copper piping and that made for a quick tub fill!





Isn't it beautiful!




Tad the handyman wasted no time - he hopped right in for a much deserved soak!




Officially checked off the 'Honey Do' list!

2 comments:

Delores Carter said...

Wow, I really like! Now that is a tub to soak in! Can I use it when I come to visit?

Jeannette StG said...

Beautiful, Tina! I love copper! Good for you, if you don't use something, it's better to get rid of:)