
Tad & I have been trying to support our local farms by shopping at the Farmer's Market and eating locally. Happy Hen Farms offered farm fresh chickens this year so we jumped on board and ordered 5 of them for the freezer. We had to wait for them to grow large enough - they had a happy life, free range and lots of good eats...
Tad went to the farm to help prep the chickens after slaughter. I couldn't do it - there would have been tears and efforts to 'save the chickens' on my part ... lol .. but he went for the full experience.


We roasted one of them fresh and looked at each other and stated 'tastes like chicken!'

1 comment:
In the words of my 5 yr old " Yup I knew that old guy was cool mom , when can we go kill chickens with him ?" HAHAHAHAHA tell Tad I'm sorry about the " old " part... hey he's 5, to him I'M old as well ... such is life .
Post a Comment