1000's upon 1000's of beautiful monarch butterflies!!
The orange you see in the clumps hanging on the tree photos below are huge amounts of butterflies!
We hiked and shot many photos! We had to be careful where we stepped as they would drink from puddles of water on the ground. They fluttered by our ears and flew happily around and above our heads.
I wish these photos could convey the total experience of the butterfly sanctuary. However, there are few words to describe the beauty and wonder of such a place. I dont know that I will ever see anything else quite like it, simply a wonderful, wonderful trip!
For lunch we had authentic blue tortilla tacos. They were the best! We arrived back to Morelia just in time to see the lunar eclipse.
*** Most of you know, I take LOTS of photos. If you want to see more + close-ups, lmk and I will send you the link for my Picassa folder :o)
