So, this is what's very cool about living in a rural area. We were scouting out a potential route for a hike or bike and came across this sign on the corner of a country road ... Free Vegetables! There was a load of Zucchini all around the sign! We took some and I came home, made zucchini muffins, grated and froze some for winter baking and we added some to roasted veggies for dinner! The photo above was the next day when I decided I needed a photo .. almost all of the zucchini was gone! What a fantastic way to be neighborly!
Here was another surprising August find: Tad had piled a huge amount of rocks from the former pond area in a pile. Now that we are reconstructing the pond, he has been pulling out random rocks for design. He went to grab a large rock with the tractor and found this huge wasp nest! Run Tad, Run!! LOL ...
August 1st, we celebrated our 4 year anniversary! :o)
We went out to a new Mexican restaurant and then went to see the new Transformers movie - I know, romantic!! hahaha .. it's just who we are. Good Times!

1 comment:
Congratulations on your anniversary! After moving to the Skagit Valley area from Tacoma/University Place, I was shocked when I saw people selling fruit, veggies, and flowers on the roadside unattended. In Tacoma you would never sell something on the honor system like up here. It's a nice change.
Post a Comment