Sunday, May 20, 2007

Bellingham Farmer's Market

Yesterday I went to Bellingham Farmer’s Market with my live aboard friends, Delores and Marie. It was so wonderful! I just love Farmer’s markets with all the fresh vegetables, fruits and local crafts. I found fresh baked oatmeal walnut bread, almond biscotti, fresh ground peanut butter, spinach, radishes, eggs, special cheese, soaps, salsa and Morel Mushrooms! Yummy!
The mushroom guy had on an Evergreen State College sweatshirt so of course I had to buy from him (my son, Cody, is planning to go to Evergreen Fall 08). The young man had graduated and started a business called “Cascadia Mushroom Works.” I loved that he included recipes with his sales and he was willing to converse with me about mushroom preparation and Evergreen with me even though he was obviously very busy with sales.


Tad stir friend the mushrooms with onions, garlic and chicken for dinner, spinach salad on the side and of course some warmed oatmeal walnut bread. A perfect day with friends, a perfect dinner with my beautiful man.

No comments: