Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Real Huevos & Kumquat Pie



Oh man! Do we have some gooood new neighbors! They have already gifted us with a fresh turkey on Thanksgiving and now, they have eggs. real eggs.. brown beautiful eggs with yolks that pop with sunshine flavored colors.. mmm.. I wonder if I'll ever want store bought eggs again. Hopfully I won't have to think about it anymore. Keep the neighbors happy, that's my goal!




I try to eat local but one thing we dont get here in Washington sate is Kumquats so I had some shipped from Florida last November. Couldn't eat the whole box before they started to get too ripe so I cut them in half, seeded them and then blended them up. I froze them in ice cube trays and now I have kumquat puree whenever I need it. I made this amazing kumquat refrigerator pie.. it was delicious, reminded me of sherbert for some reason. almost like a creamy lemon, creamsicle mixed with whipped topping - hard to describe but oh so yummy!


No comments: