It's been such a cold summer this year. I can't believe we are still lighting a fire some nights and it's July! It is nice & cool enough to get some yard work done, I potted some pretty flowers for my front porch.

The plums are still hard but hopefully they will be ripe soon!

Our lily trees have big buds on them, I am so hoping they will open up and bloom in time for the wedding!

Tad bought some baby fish and put them in the little pond by the front porch. They seem pretty happy. We have the older ones out in the big pond and they are getting huge!

I feel that 'itch' to can. However, we are busy with some other things and there is nothing ripe that needs to be put up for winter (except for some sugar peas that I froze) so I decided to try my hand and making granola. It turned out yummy! I stored it in my canning jars - I just love these re-usable caps!

Our Gunnera Manicota (AKA Dinosaur Food) plants are still pretty small but they are alive! They also have more leaves than last year.

This year there are tall daisies everywhere!

The blueberries are still green - I anticipating the day that I can walk outside in the am and throw them into a bowl of my homemade granola!

Look at the baby tree swallow! We have 2 occupied boxes. This one has 2 babies who fight for the opportunity to stick their heads out and squawk at their parents. So cute and curious! Tad cleans the boxes out each year in hopes that they will nest.

A slow season .. our tomatoes are tiny & green still, no apples on our tree either. We are wondering if we had a lack of bees. Maybe we should think about a few bee boxes next year (??).

The plums are still hard but hopefully they will be ripe soon!

Our lily trees have big buds on them, I am so hoping they will open up and bloom in time for the wedding!

Tad bought some baby fish and put them in the little pond by the front porch. They seem pretty happy. We have the older ones out in the big pond and they are getting huge!

I feel that 'itch' to can. However, we are busy with some other things and there is nothing ripe that needs to be put up for winter (except for some sugar peas that I froze) so I decided to try my hand and making granola. It turned out yummy! I stored it in my canning jars - I just love these re-usable caps!

Our Gunnera Manicota (AKA Dinosaur Food) plants are still pretty small but they are alive! They also have more leaves than last year.

This year there are tall daisies everywhere!

The blueberries are still green - I anticipating the day that I can walk outside in the am and throw them into a bowl of my homemade granola!

Look at the baby tree swallow! We have 2 occupied boxes. This one has 2 babies who fight for the opportunity to stick their heads out and squawk at their parents. So cute and curious! Tad cleans the boxes out each year in hopes that they will nest.

A slow season .. our tomatoes are tiny & green still, no apples on our tree either. We are wondering if we had a lack of bees. Maybe we should think about a few bee boxes next year (??).

No comments:
Post a Comment