We had high hopes this year. However, the cool Washington summer has not been too favorable on our gardening attempts.
The peas seem to like the cool weather, they are the one thing I have been able to harvest and freeze so far this year!

The onions also seem to be growing well - but I truly wonder if I will be able to use them all (note to self, check on preserving onions)

The tomatoes are in the ground and finally growing.

We have some flowers and I even can see one little tomato. If we have a warm fall, we may end up having enough sunshine before frost - if not, we will be making green tomato salsa!

and that's the sad little update on our garden progress. Thank goodness for Farmer's Market!
The peas seem to like the cool weather, they are the one thing I have been able to harvest and freeze so far this year!

The onions also seem to be growing well - but I truly wonder if I will be able to use them all (note to self, check on preserving onions)

The tomatoes are in the ground and finally growing.

We have some flowers and I even can see one little tomato. If we have a warm fall, we may end up having enough sunshine before frost - if not, we will be making green tomato salsa!

and that's the sad little update on our garden progress. Thank goodness for Farmer's Market!

1 comment:
Beautiful.... the pictures and words were a joy to see and read... :O)
Post a Comment