Monday, February 12, 2007

Home in Semiahmoo


We are safely back home at Semiahmoo and settling nicely onto the boat. We spent a week in Omak moving and packing the remnants out of our home that finally sold. We have downsized and downsized and yet we still find items that have no place here on the boat. I keep telling myself, “it’s just stuff” and that seems to help with the transition to small space living.

The weather has been very favorable. We have enjoyed hot showers at the marina and the nearby paved walkway for much needed exercise. Tad fixed the refrigerator today and so, hooray!, we can now try to plan our weekly trips to the store in nearby Blaine. We also rented a mailbox for 6 months in order to receive and necessary packages or mail during our stay here. Last, but not least, I got a library card! I guess that makes this officially “home.”

The harbor seals grunt at us in the evenings and the bird calls awake us in the am. The waves splash on the hull and gently rock us to sleep. Our neighbors are friendly and the marina is clean. I think we are going to like it here.

No comments: