
The dinghy has been launched with success! I was happy to be a passenger, however, Tad had different ideas and I quickly became a 'student driver.' I don't mind driving things with steering wheels, but the round thingies that I have to twist (motorcycle post-traumatic stress memories here!) do not appeal to me in the slightest. We motored over across the bay to Blaine where Tad confidently passed the honor of driving to me. I was terrified! I began to relax and enjoy myself as my confidence built, BUT! Then it happened! He wanted me to "park" at a dock at the marina by another dinghy. Well, I got scared, panicked and
accelerated instead of slowing and there was no stopping that dinghy! I ran into the dock. I was going slow mind you, so there are no injuries just a lot of entertainment for the locals..I'm sure...

Today I re-claimed my seat in the dinghy, and I even drove it a little out in the open water..but when it came time to bring it in to the marina..I gladly passed the driver duties back to the true Captain of the Dinghy!
1 comment:
Oh man you ran into the dock !!! Boy am I glad I never rode in a car with you . ( teeheehee ) I wish you would have had a camera handy for that one .. I bet your face was priceless . You crack me up Tina .
Post a Comment