There are some days that just go right. When everything feels good, beautiful and lovely.
Today was one of those great days for me. I woke up and realized my son turned 20 today. He's wonderful, still alive after making it through the teens (lol) in a great place in his life, growing and learning. He's a fabulous son that I am SO very proud of... and yes, it's an affirmation of a job well done for me as a mom.
So, today I decided to do some things for me because I'm not only proud of Cody but proud of myself too for raising such a terrific young man. I took the time to pamper myself. I shaved my legs and blew dry my hair. I read my Sunset magazine all the way through. I painted my toes and did some small tasks that needed to be done. I drank wine in the middle of the day! I gave my Tad lots of kisses & hugs and yep, I even called my son to wish him Happy Birthday and make dinner arrangements for this weekend.
I went outside, kicked mole hills into oblivion, filled some potholes and split wood. My kitties followed me around the property, the air was fresh and warm. I had a hummingbird fly around my head! The hyacinths, daffodils and crocuses have bloomed, there are buds on my blueberries! I love my home and puttering around our haven.

The day was already going superbly.. then the UPS man came. My friends Denni & Mardi sent me a beautiful package. A tea cup, agave nectar sticks, tea and an invitation to 'join' them at a certain time so we can all sip together. They are far away in California, but always close in my heart. The timing was alarmingly perfect, generous and heartwarming.
Does it get much better? Good Friends, children who are fabulously smart & beautiful and a most perfect partner who lights up my life with his smile each and every day ~ Life is Good .. and a little sappy sometimes *blush*
Today was one of those great days for me. I woke up and realized my son turned 20 today. He's wonderful, still alive after making it through the teens (lol) in a great place in his life, growing and learning. He's a fabulous son that I am SO very proud of... and yes, it's an affirmation of a job well done for me as a mom.
So, today I decided to do some things for me because I'm not only proud of Cody but proud of myself too for raising such a terrific young man. I took the time to pamper myself. I shaved my legs and blew dry my hair. I read my Sunset magazine all the way through. I painted my toes and did some small tasks that needed to be done. I drank wine in the middle of the day! I gave my Tad lots of kisses & hugs and yep, I even called my son to wish him Happy Birthday and make dinner arrangements for this weekend.
I went outside, kicked mole hills into oblivion, filled some potholes and split wood. My kitties followed me around the property, the air was fresh and warm. I had a hummingbird fly around my head! The hyacinths, daffodils and crocuses have bloomed, there are buds on my blueberries! I love my home and puttering around our haven.
The day was already going superbly.. then the UPS man came. My friends Denni & Mardi sent me a beautiful package. A tea cup, agave nectar sticks, tea and an invitation to 'join' them at a certain time so we can all sip together. They are far away in California, but always close in my heart. The timing was alarmingly perfect, generous and heartwarming.
Does it get much better? Good Friends, children who are fabulously smart & beautiful and a most perfect partner who lights up my life with his smile each and every day ~ Life is Good .. and a little sappy sometimes *blush*

No comments:
Post a Comment