Wow! Is our garden amazing or what? Things are really starting to happen now. Our corn is up and growing strong, we have SO much lettuce! and look! o__o we have broccoli! We were so excited about that! The radishes have come & gone, sadly the cilantro was eaten by slugs .. mint is starting to finally come up (hello fresh mint majitos!). We have cabbage, onions, peppers and maybe even a melon or two coming in the near future! The beans & peas have flowers and the tomatoes.. OH Boy! Are we gonna have an abundance of tomatoes! We bought mass amounts of canning jars for that! mmm homemade pasta sauce all year long!
We had planted some marigolds for invasive creature repellent .. they didn't work as well as slug bait - but they were pretty!

2 comments:
I'm so envious of your wonderful garden. I broke my ankle during our December snowstorm and it wasn't healed enough for me to get my garden going.
I'm not sure where in Washington you live, but I'm in the Skagit Valley area, northwestern corner of Washington State. I love reading about your garden. Thanks!
Seems you're having fun doing your garden! I like gardening, but not canning. Since we're going to move to a condo that last problem will be solved LOL
Post a Comment