Tuesday, July 07, 2009

Western Washington Quilt Shop Hop..



June 24th marked the beginning day of the Western Washington Quilt Shop Hop - a huge event where quilters try to visit as many quilt shops as they can in a matter of 5 days, getting their 'passport' stamped at each shop for chances of winning big prizes - it's crazy shopper mania for fabric and notions!

Well my fingers have been itching ever since we made landfall last year, so I thought this event would be a perfect way to reinvest in my 'stash' and get back to quilting! No way was I going to try to hit all 50 something shops, but it was a great opportunity to support the local ones and have a fun day with my daughter.

1st stop: The Quilting Cottage in Oakville. Nice little shop in a very tiny, don't blink or you will miss it area. We parked the car across the 2 lane highway. A helper quickly stopped traffic and waved us over! It was a fun antique looking building, inside there was a loft full of fabric. I found some 'bug' fabric that was just too tempting. There was also a lady selling these adorable homemade Raggedy Ann dolls to benefit the local library. Of course MY little girl HAD to have one! So Sweet!



After exploring the shop, we had lunch at 'Two Old Crows and a Hen BBQ' .. LOL.. cracks me up! We had southern style pulled pork sandwhiches, potato salad, mac & cheese and Georgia sweet tea. I have to say, the mac & cheese was sinfully good washed down with that sweet tea - OMG amazing good!



After lunch, we stopped at the grocery in Rochester and then decided to stop at this cute little 'Candy Cottage' for a sweet treat. Yummy homemade truffles!



We rolled ourselves home, big full bellies and indulgent fabric purchases - what a sweet day!

1 comment:

Dena said...

Sounds as though you had a wonderful time participating in the WW Quilt Shop Hop. Next time I do it I'll have to venture to the shops in Southern Washington.