Today is my 43rd Birthday!

For my birthday, Tad took me to the LaConner Quilt Museum where they had 3 floors of a historic mansion devoted to displaying quilts.
I especially enjoyed this series of scenes of Boise Idaho displayed in the stairwell.



The 2nd floor was a special 'no photo' display.
They had an Oriental theme displayed on the 3rd floor.

I flip flop quilt and a real Kimono!

This windsock quilt reminded me of windsocks I made with my kids when they were little. We made ours out of recycled pant legs for Earth day!

Tessellating fish..

We toured the museum after having lunch and delicious desert consisting of a humongous orange flower sugar cookie and a decadent peanut butter chocolate treat at a bakery ~ cafe. I must have waddled through the displays.
At the parking lot pay center, we got a gold dollar coin for change! LOL cool. I thought it was a token at first because I hadn't seen them before.
We continued going north until we got to our old stomping grounds - Semiahmoo Resort & Marina.

This time I actually got to spend the night in a room at the resort instead of on a boat!
we did go into the marina to see our friends Gene & Delores, then we went to visit Paula & Jim on their new boat, SV Althea.

They are both located on our old dock. It was a funny feeling to be back where we started!

We had a nice Thai dinner and then hit the Resort bar for their amazing mint mojitos before snuggling down for a good nights rest.
In the am the seagulls were squawking and the coffee was delicious. We had breakfast, said goodbye to our sailing buddies and headed back to the farm .. on land.

For my birthday, Tad took me to the LaConner Quilt Museum where they had 3 floors of a historic mansion devoted to displaying quilts.
I especially enjoyed this series of scenes of Boise Idaho displayed in the stairwell.



The 2nd floor was a special 'no photo' display.
They had an Oriental theme displayed on the 3rd floor.

I flip flop quilt and a real Kimono!

This windsock quilt reminded me of windsocks I made with my kids when they were little. We made ours out of recycled pant legs for Earth day!

Tessellating fish..

We toured the museum after having lunch and delicious desert consisting of a humongous orange flower sugar cookie and a decadent peanut butter chocolate treat at a bakery ~ cafe. I must have waddled through the displays.
At the parking lot pay center, we got a gold dollar coin for change! LOL cool. I thought it was a token at first because I hadn't seen them before.
We continued going north until we got to our old stomping grounds - Semiahmoo Resort & Marina.

This time I actually got to spend the night in a room at the resort instead of on a boat!
we did go into the marina to see our friends Gene & Delores, then we went to visit Paula & Jim on their new boat, SV Althea.

They are both located on our old dock. It was a funny feeling to be back where we started!

We had a nice Thai dinner and then hit the Resort bar for their amazing mint mojitos before snuggling down for a good nights rest.
In the am the seagulls were squawking and the coffee was delicious. We had breakfast, said goodbye to our sailing buddies and headed back to the farm .. on land.

1 comment:
It sounds like an absolutely amazing day! Gorgeous photos too! Belated Happy Birthday!
Post a Comment