Yesterday, October 19th, Tad and I decided last minute to attend the 'Change We Need' Rally with Joe Biden that was being held at Cheney Stadium in Tacoma WA. We arrived at the outdoor stadium about 1/2 an hour before the doors opened.
There were already a lot of people there!! We got in line and bought some buttons from a vendor. Then, I noticed this guy putting a yellow wrist band around someones arm nearby. So, thinking we needed wrist bands to get in (seating was limited) I piped up and said, 'hey do we need those? ' The young man said they were special wrist bands for the seating directly behind Joe Biden - Oh yes, we need those! LOL! We got them and were directed away from the line and into security. A few minutes later, we were on the field waiting to be seated behind the podium!
It was about 3 hours later before Joe himself appeared. It was such a fun experience to be a part of the crowd. Joe Biden was energetic, intelligent, well spoken, charming and inspiring.
Obama/Biden 2008!
Don't complain if you don't Vote!

1 comment:
I am so proud of you both for getting out there and showing your support. I am from a part of the world where even the teetotalers are "Joe Sixpack" enthralled with the very unqualified Sarah P. It is so appalling! Bless your hearts.
Post a Comment