Wednesday, June 24, 2009

A Gentleman's Farm - Spring Home Tour

Saturday morning came ..

Mardi was gone and Tad left early in the am for a hiking adventure with his buddy Jerry, so I dropped Lindsay off at her boyfriends and I took off for the local Spring Home Tour to benefit the local home health & hospice patients.

This year they featured what they were calling 'Gentleman's Farms' ...



The first home I visited was a 4th generation cattle ranch. Currently they are raising Hereford cattle (so cute!).



The lady of the house was baking peanut butter cookies, they gave each visitor a carnation and a short history of the home & ranch. There was a very large collection of 3 legged tea cups in the dining area and a collection of firefighter memorabilia in the entry way as the owner is a retired firefighter.

Outdoors there was this fun tractor and a beautiful garden & greenhouse. 4-H volunteers were outside to answer questions about the cattle



A nice start to the tour!

No comments: