Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Mistletoe Tree Farm



The third home I visited was a tree farm. The home was built in the 2nd story of the barn. The office for the business is downstairs, as well as the horse stables.



After touring the inside of the home, I hopped onto a wagon pulled by draft horses and toured the property.



This cutie belongs to the driver (1 of 3 dogs in the wagon). A young man who's grandmother wouldn't ride with him kept me company on the ride. We had fun talking about the way they planted the small trees in between the larger trees. We also talked about the free popcorn inside the barn .. and Christmas :o)



Afterward, I got a free tree start. Tad planted it in a large container and we are going to use it for our Christmas tree in a few years before we permanently plant it on our property.

No comments: