June 12 -2007 ~ We left Montague Harbor early am in order to get through Active Pass at slack tide. The pass was an interesting area, there was an eagle who watched us motor by. Once out into the Straight of Georgia we headed toward Point Roberts to check back into US Customs.
All was quiet until suddenly we were startled by what we thought were little orca whales (NOTE: I've never seen a Whale besides at SeaWorld!) 5 of them dipped and played with us and our boat for a good 10 minutes. They were so funny! I wish I could have gotten a photo but these boogers were fast and I couldn’t tell where they were going to pop up next as I squealed with delight! LOL.. after researching on the internet, we now think they were Pacific White-sided dolphins, here’s the internet photo that looks just like what we saw..but fewer!
We docked into customs and ate some noodles for lunch while awaiting clearance. We then motored all the way home to Semiahmoo as the water remained calm until just as we arrived. It took 3 attempts to back into the slip, the wind kept pushing the bow out. Finally some neighbors came to help by pulling the lines until the boat was in! Whew! Long, hot showers at the marina and a few cold beers later and we were settled back in to marina life. 
No comments:
Post a Comment