Sunday, June 03, 2007

Seal Pup

This sweet little guy has been swimming around the marina. He is SO cute. He cries and tried to nurse off the hull of a boat. When he sleeps, he floats and blows little bubbles. It's so strange because you just want to scoop him up and 'save' him. He seems to be abandoned! However, Fish & Wildlife says to leave them alone no matter what. The mothers are very shy and often leave their babies alone while they go off and hunt. I watched this little guy for a few days and then one day he just disappeared. I'm choosing to believe his mother finally came and took him somewhere safer.



2 comments:

Delores Carter said...

You just gotta love these pups! Great photos!

Toast said...

F&W is right. This little one was probably left in the marina by Mom because let's face it... what sea lion in his right mind would come into a marina to hunt pups. I bet Mom just moved him to the other side of the harbor.