Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Houston.. we have NO problems!



Tad & I went to Houston for a little business and a little fun! Houston rolled out the good weather for us! We decided to visit NASA's Johnson Space Center for the day!

We signed up for the special level 9 tour. There was 4 of us on the tour - Tad & I, a guy from Canada and a guy from Sri Lanka. It was a special behind the scenes tour lasting 5 hours.



We were given access to the original mission control center. We got to eat in the astronauts cafeteria where apparently I sat near an astronaut, but I didn't know any different! LOL

Tad was a bit disappointed not to get to eat mush food in tubes like real astronauts!



We played in the visitors center a bit and went to the gift shop to buy souvenirs.



We toured different area where they were building things for future missions. Here they were working on different inflatable type structures for possible shelter.



We visited the Space Environment Simulation Lab (Vacuum Chamber) and the Neutral Buoyancy Lab (Observation Catwalk) where we could see an astronaut training inside the pool.

We also got to go visit the airfield which up to today had been restricted since 9/11



The Space Center was well worth the visit and the tour (led by NASA pilots!) is highly recommended!

No comments: