After our Grand NASA experience.. we headed towards the water and found the Kemah boardwalk!
It was pretty much off season and quiet. A few restaurants open and rides were going .. found this little photo opportunity! LOL
So 4 days in Houston was a lot of fun. Big city, great museums! It wasn't muggy surprisingly. Some fun things:
I don't think we ever did see a grocery store (?) saw one Costco off the highway .. weird.
I think as soon as it turns 70 degrees, everyone flips on the AC. OMG! I about froze to death!
I thought there would be more palm trees...
Maybe it's just the city thing, but there was a restaurant on every corner.. geez..
Everywhere we looked, we saw Infinities. car of choice??
There was an amazing amount of high rise building clusters, which one was downtown anyway? we may never know. haha
I totally enjoyed staying in our friend Brent's high rise condo (Thanks Brent!). Seeing the city lights out the oversize windows at night was something different, plus his place was so cozy plush and beautiful .. how could you not love it? We snacked on cheese and gourmet pasta stuff from the specialty liquor store nearby (no grocery remember? lol) and we had an amazingly romantic time.
Flying home, I watched a show on how Houston wants to build a protective dome over the downtown area.. wow. Everything is bigger in Texas!

No comments:
Post a Comment