Monday, July 16, 2007

False Bay ~ Lasqueti Island

When we left Hardy Island, we were surprised by some VERY choppy seas and good size waves! Needless to say, Lindsay and I were feeling a little woozy. We had to secure a few things down in the cabin because they were starting to fly around!


We were SO happy when we finally arrived at False Bay, Lasqueti Island. We all hopped off the boat and went directly to the pub! As we sat, we all sensed a certain scent from our youth, POT! Yes, openly and right there at the pub people were smoking it up (including the cook!). Must be a fluke right? NOPE, same thing at the bakery the next morning. That being said, the island was a good place for walking around, getting veggies at the roadside stand with the honor system boxes and the people were interesting (and maybe a little paranoid).

I took a bunch of photos but they mysteriously disappeared! coincidence?? Weird place, I think we will say, one visit here was enough.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This picture of Lindsey cracks me up . Reminds me of the time I was out on a boat in Alaska .. prego and didnt know it ... I do believe I was a tad bit greener at the gills then poor Lindsey but I sure know the feeling . Glad you made it home safe and sound .