Sunday, October 07, 2007

Monterey



We have spent the past few days here in Monterey and it has been truly wonderful. Friday we took a very long walk (to find the Rite Aide) and then hung out visiting the little shops around the Fisherman’s Wharf. We wondered downtown too. There seems to be quite the British influence here for some reason. It was fun to find British groceries. I found a sweet treat for my future Happy Hour guest stash. It’s better than canned cheese!!

Saturday it was beautiful!! We got the bikes out and headed toward the Aquarium & Cannery Row. The bike trail here is fantastic! We made it to Cannery Row but then decided to forgo the Aquarium and continue the bike ride. We were just having such a great time and it felt good to exercise. The water was finally turquoise! I got to give my new Nikon d80 a good workout too! :o) No miracle photos yet but I’m learning as fast as I can. We found this note someone left for us written on the sidewalk:



We found our new Baja friends, Steve & Pam of ‘Full Quiver’ here in Monterey so we went out to eat more fish tacos at Crabby Jim’s on the wharf ~ YUM! Leaving Sunday am and heading toward Morro Bay, a good 20 hour sail for just the two of us. Wish us luck!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You two are having way too much fun for this time of year. You got out of Dodge just in time. We are fixing to get the next big Nor'Wester (after yours). It's hitting the coast as I write. According to this mornings weather report, strong winds will extend along the coast all the way down to San Francisco. We are consistently about 5-10 degrees below normal for this time of year. Haven't been able to kayak for a couple of weeks now. Nasty weather mostly. Keep going south. They make airplanes for coming to visit. Should be good sailing from here on out for you. Thanks for the posts. I can't seem to get the Youtube thing to work. Don't know what I'm doing. Guess I will have to find a kid and be taught. LOL