Saturday we attended a fishing offshore class and won some fishing lures in a raffle. Later that night we met up with our friends Paula & Jim (from our Canada trip last summer) and had a deliciously spicy Thai dinner. YUM!
We have shopped at Trader Joes (my new fav. Store!) and Walmart. We fixed a shorted engine alarm sensor. We stayed a whole week and I didn’t go to the beach until the very last day. It was right down the sidewalk! This beach is such planet all of its own. Surfers everywhere, I saw 2 girls besides myself but otherwise a variety of wetsuit wearing testosterone types. LOL.. This made my competitive self want to learn how to surf. I of course took photos instead.




We left Oceanside Monday morning amidst all the fire evacuations in the area. Oceanside was clear but as we neared La Jolla we began to enter smoke, ash and some pretty good wind. The sun was red and the water shimmered like copper. We shut off the engine and sailed at a whooping 8-9 knots for a good hour. We saw gusts up to 30 knots. Santa Anna winds were coming through! We approached San Diego and the air cleared. We entered the America’s Cup Harbor where we will fix a water leak, get a whisker pole installed, have a shade cover built, provision, clean and meet up with our Ha-Ha crew all before leaving for Mexico next Monday.



2 comments:
Did you sink?
Hope Tad's sister missed out on all the fires. Leaks can be so disturbing at times. On our shrimp boats we kept two on-line at all times with auto-float systems. Two of my fellow shrimpers sank during that six years and I had two close experiences. All those little experiences builds character. On the s/v Frisco Belle, the boys and I only had one leak. 'Bout sunk us, though. Luckily, we were in shallow water and at anchor. Hope your leak was nothing more than tightening up a packing gland or something like that. :0) Tina, you might send Jim some condolences. Have Tad check his e-mail for details. I've some news that doesn't need to be here.
So, your're off then. Well, good sailing and please keep us landlocked sailors informed when you get the time. Do enjoy.
Post a Comment