After a pretty smooth air flight, we have made it to Florida!

We got our rental car and headed toward the condo. We've never been here before so we were trying to take it all in and dig for change for the 2 toll booths we almost immediately ran into! My first impression was - "it's so flat! I can't see anything"!
I noticed a few curious things ~
*
There are no coffee drive throughs on the corners..none..
*
Pools are covered, not just flotation covers but full greenhouse type covers. I later found out that these are to keep the bugs (lots and lots of bugs) out, lizards and leaves.
*
They do not recycle here. What the hell? I asked and nope.. she looked at me like I was nuts. I dont get it..
We checked in and got directions to a grocery - Winn Dixie - is that southern or what? I expected to see a lot of citrus and other fruit but I was mistaken. The fruit was either wilted or an unripe green and SO expensive! Groceries were SO expensive .. did I mention how expensive groceries are?? Geez..
The frozen food section was fun - lima beans, okra, gumbo mix - stuff we'd have a hard time finding in WA I suspect. Very different selection of foods but we found our favorite snacks and some good beer and we were back to the condo to crash & burn.

No comments:
Post a Comment