Saturday, May 08, 2010

Quilts!



above is my new 'toy' tool, a Bernina 440 Quilter's edition. I cannot wait to use the automatic stitch regulator and quilt my own creations.. very exciting!




I finally finished Cody's quilt! I made this for him for his 21st birthday. The blocks are log cabin pattern set in a cross hatch pattern, which Cody chose from the Eleanor Burns book 'Quilt in a Day' (did NOT just do this in one day LOL).



Cody is a Computer Science major so I thought it be fun to use that theme. I backed it with a solid computer grey color and then had it machine quilted using a stippled pattern in black thread to represent computer cords.

I just love how you can see different patterns when you look at it, like a 2D effect.



This is the biggest quilt I've ever made!




Below is a quilt I made with a cute cowgirl fabric. The pattern is Warm Wishes. I made this quilt for my niece Katie, who is the cutest little cowgirl I know!



My WASIQ friend Robin Martin quilted it for me, but soon I will be quilting my own stuff - LOL







No comments: