
it's time .. to climb the 294-step spiral staircase to the belfry atop the Leaning Tower of Pisa.
We started out on the outside of the tower, winding sideways.

It was very weird to be leaning and climbing at the same time - lil' vertigo anyone?

Stopping for a photo opp. People are always so nice to take photos when you ask.

EWE! Look at this! I took this photo to show the stairwell but when I loaded it up I could see all the grime from people's hands...
*I think I just threw up a little*

Almost to the top! This is so much fun!

Bell tower arrival!

The view was really amazing. See all the people shopping the vendors?

Making Tad nervous and having a little fun!

He's headed back down .. relieved LOL ..

Climbing the Tower of Pisa was so cool. I'm so glad we had it on our agenda for the day!
"A well-ordered life is like climbing a tower; the view halfway up is better than the view from the base, and it steadily becomes finer as the horizon expands". ~William Lyon Phelps

No comments:
Post a Comment