Thursday, October 21, 2010

Holy Castle Batman!




After 10 hours of driving, we eagerly rounded the corner of our Idaho neighborhood to check on our house project and.. we both audibly **gasped** .. You see it on plans, you design it, anticipate what it will look like but we are overwhelmed with the stunning outcome so far (and it's not even done yet!)

We went over not only to check the building but also to re-seed the disrupted area with indigenous grasses and wildflowers. It was the perfect day, sunshine with a weather forecast for rain in the near future. Tilled it all up with the tractor and then seeded by hand.




Our stones from Montana have been delivered and will be put on the house this week.



Here's a pic looking up to the loft from the living room. The loft will be our movie/TV watching area.




The staircase in the tower is turning out really neat!





Tad & Dusty talking about kitchen specs.



swim Spa in the daylight basement is getting sealed in. I like the windows that look into the rest of the rec area.



It's like a new baby, I just can't stop snapping photos...




Front entry is very tall .. and large .. haha



Back of the garage ~ This will be where I split & stack wood!



Another shot of the back from the road.




We climbed up on the hill to get a few shots from afar ...





I like the little boat dock by the community club house .. needs kayaks don't you think?



We are anticipating the siding, stonework and roof will be on shortly, then we are going to close it up for winter and resume construction in the spring. This will give us time to think about interior decorating!

1 comment:

Jeannette StG said...

Incredible, Tina! Wow! I'm so entrenched in the city, that I didn't know people still would build such a large "castle" from scratch! The interior decorating you probable will take care of it, largely?
Have a great weekend!