Saturday, March 24, 2007

Jungle Tour! Mas Tequila Por Favor!

Day 7, Friday: We had our second free tour today (The Jungle Tour) and guess what? We were headed back to the tequila place where we were at once before. My good friend Rafeal from Connell WA was there again too! We re-tested the tequila, tested orange & cherry tequila this time too and happily dressed up like Mexican dancers in front of everyone. What we won’t do for free tequila! LOL..

We shared our tour van with 2 airline stewardesses from Colorado and a family of 4 from Orange county (originally from India). We were a perfect group! We were supposed to be going on a jungle tour but it was more like a city tour most of the time. We stopped at a jewelry shop where we were given more free mixed drinks to encourage purchasing some jewels. Of course we found a sparkley item, but this time it was for Tad. We now have our matching “friendship” rings. ;o)

Oh yea, here’s a craziest thing! We saw this guy walking up and down the middle of the street selling cheese to people in their cars. Well, he looked American (European) and I thought maybe he was here working and wearing a dorky costume because he had on these funky plain overalls and a hat! Not very Mexican at all! Well, come to find out, he is Mennonite! I shit you not, there are Mennonites in Mexico! Well, now I am fascinated and I want to research this out. I had no idea and it just dumbfounded me for some reason… HUH! I wonder if they speak only Spanish or are bilingual, do they use sunscreen (because he was pasty white) and do they make their sunscreen themselves? Are they citizens or immigrants or what? My brain was in overdrive during the rest of the van trip. I am sooo curious! It was so unexpected! .. hummm…

OK, so finally we headed to the Jungle! Hiking along a small trail we discovered the grand destination; this beautiful little lagoon called Chinos Paradise where we swam near a waterfall in cool, clean water and sat at the little cafĂ© for a beer. It was so beautiful! I didn’t want to leave.
For lunch we drove to a restaurant overlooking Bandaras Bay and shared a Mexican platter and had some more beer. Holy cow, I think we drank a weeks worth today! Not very healthy, but it sure was fun!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh Tina, you and your tequila LOL that is to funny about the mexican outfits. Must have been some good stuff !!!. Looks like your having the time of your lives. I am so jealous.