Friday, March 23, 2007

Our Puerto Vallarta Adventure Begins!

Day 1, Sat: Arriving at the airport in the afternoon, we check into the Los Tules resort. Our studio is charming with a wonderful balcony and ocean view! We walked the beautiful grounds. It is so tropical here. The grounds are built on a former plantation so it is very green with bright flowers, palm trees, iguanas and multiple birds. We found some good fruit and avocados at the Gicante grocery to stock the kitchen (yum!). THEN! I realize I do not have my camera.. arggg!!.. How did I not bring it?? I bought a new backpack at REI and had switched my carry on items to it;

I must have forgotten to grab my camera out of the zipper pouch of the former bag. I am so mad about it! I NEED it! *SIGH*

Day 2, Sun: We slept in and awoke to the sound of the ocean. We decided to walk down the road to find the Walmart to see if I could get a temporary camera. We ended up walking all the way to Marina Vallarta and talking to an American couple about their sailboat and their sailing adventure to Mexico. At Walmart we found a little keychain digital camera. The photos are crappy but at least I have a camera to take some pictures for our blog! I’m still kind of mad about forgetting mine .. grr.. We go back to the hotel and practiced our Spanish lessons. Walk mileage = app. 6 miles! Whew!
Day 3, Mon: We had a lovely breakfast with our concierge, Angeles, who presented us with a bottle of tequila and 2 free passes to tours of our choice! Neat! We headed back to the hotel, swam in the ocean and the pool and ate dinner at the hotel restaurant as the sun set. At 8 pm I found Oprah on tv! Now I am truly on vacation. We don’t have tv except when we are traveling, I think Oprah is so funny!



Day 4, Tues: This morning we hit the tennis court! We played and played. It was so much fun. I had forgotten how much I truly love tennis! We read our boating books, practiced Spanish with our Rosetta Stone program and went swimming in the pool. This was out first day of getting pink in the sun. *ouch!*

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Bummer deal about the camera. Glad you found a walmart ( which I find a total crack up ... in Mexico of all places !!! ) to replace it . Hope your having fun .

Anonymous said...

A Walmart in Mexico? And a keychain digital? And I considered Mexico third world. Apparently not ...
Looks like you are having a great time. No need to hurry back ... has rained for 3 days straight. Stay in the sunshine or better yet ... bring it back with you!