Friday, March 23, 2007

Patillal – Tequila Tasting

Day 5, Wed: Slathering ourselves in sunscreen, we went for a long walk on the beach first thing in the am. We read our boating books some more and made flash cards for some Spanish words we want to practice. I glanced off the patio and to my surprise saw two boys, stark naked, splashing around in the run off water next to our hotel. These were some happy boys! Probably around ages 6 & 8, they had their puppy, a bag of soggy potato chips and were having the time of their lives cooling off and flashing their nakedness to anyone who dared to look! To be a joy filled child again with no inhibitions *sigh* I so wish I had my regular camera, the pics would have been priceless. Tad and I vow to play naked in the water one day when we sail to and anchor at a deserted island.. where no-one can take pictures..LOL



At 3 pm we caught the bus to Patillal to go on our free tour of the tequila tasting room. Boy! Did we have tequila! They had 3 varieties of regular tequila and then 3 flavored tequilas. Add those mini shots to the free mango margarita and a free lunch and we happily bought a bottle to take home with us! Our host spoke very good English and we were so surprised to find out that he grew up in Washington State.. Not just Washington, but CONNELL Washington! OMG, I laughed so hard because I grew up there too! Of course, he was much younger than me, so I didn’t know him but it was so funny. I took this picture after tequila tasting! LOL

The bus ride home was crazy! The driver must have been late because he was in a hurry! We just hung on, laughed aloud nervously and enjoyed the ride! A nighttime swim in the pool to cool off and get some exercise and then we retreated to our room..exhausted!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I LOVE the naked boy story. Man that would have been a hoot to see. I am sure they where having a blast. I agree with you .. to be young and free again. I am sure you and Tad will have many play naked in the water times on your trip in the boat. LOL you two are a riot . I miss you