What a great weekend! Friday night, after changing the oil filters on the boat, we headed to Seattle anticipating a seminar in which we had signed up for. The trip to Seattle was refreshing as we hadn’t been off the boat much in the past month. Saturday morning we awoke early and headed over to the Mahina Offshore Cruising Seminar. This 8 hour “intensive” course was presented by John and Amanda Neal, authors of the Offshore Cruising Companion. http://www.mahina.com/It was a very long, full day of information. I was glad to have their book to be able to refer back too afterward when contemplating the new information. Tad & I enjoyed the stories and suggestions. We met a few lovely couples including Catherine and Mac of s/v Indigo (http://svindigo.blogspot.com/ ). Catherine was a lovely lady to converse with and is a really wonderful painter! I really enjoyed browsing her blog. They just returned from an intensive 8 week language school in Mexico (http://www.baden-powell.com/).
After the seminar, we headed east to visit the kids. I dropped Tad off in Omak and picked up Miss Lindsay. We went into Grand Forks B.C. to have our periodic Russian food fix complete with that fabulous cabbage borscht! I also visited with my friend Jess in Republic. Cody was in town visiting his friend and surprised me! I wasn’t supposed to see him until the next day!

No comments:
Post a Comment