Friday, Sept. 24th. ~ We had a simpler day. Visited the Acadamia Museum. This was much more manageable and enjoyable. We spent the morning wandering through the paintings & sculptures, had some pizza, bought & sent some postcards, napped and bought some train tickets. It was the first rainfall since we had been here, but as our friend Rowena predicted, 'It only rains at night in Italy'.
Sat, Sept. 25th. ~ We decided to visit The Palazzo Pitti (Italian pronunciation: [paˈlattso ˈpitti]), in English sometimes called the Pitti Palace and the Baboli Gardens. A large park like setting, we were ready for some outdoor activity.
Lucky us! The entrance was free that day!

It was a beautiful day with fantastic views!

I was in a good mood...

Our ticket to the Boboli Gardens also included access to the smaller Giardino Bardini, from where you get an even better view of the city!

We talked a passerby to take our photo..

Tad at the top of a covered walkway.

We found this neat little intimate outdoor cafe inside the gardens that had neat wood sculptures and teeny tiny sandwiches. We shared a sampler plate and gazed over the city.


Another chance to take a photo together outside the ceramic museum. See the monkeys on the bottom of the fountain? I thought that was odd.

On our way out we saw this cool guy .. I wish I could have him in my yard.

A most excellent day .. we spent the entire day walking outdoors and it felt so good!!
Sat, Sept. 25th. ~ We decided to visit The Palazzo Pitti (Italian pronunciation: [paˈlattso ˈpitti]), in English sometimes called the Pitti Palace and the Baboli Gardens. A large park like setting, we were ready for some outdoor activity.
Lucky us! The entrance was free that day!

It was a beautiful day with fantastic views!

I was in a good mood...

Our ticket to the Boboli Gardens also included access to the smaller Giardino Bardini, from where you get an even better view of the city!

We talked a passerby to take our photo..

Tad at the top of a covered walkway.

We found this neat little intimate outdoor cafe inside the gardens that had neat wood sculptures and teeny tiny sandwiches. We shared a sampler plate and gazed over the city.


Another chance to take a photo together outside the ceramic museum. See the monkeys on the bottom of the fountain? I thought that was odd.

On our way out we saw this cool guy .. I wish I could have him in my yard.

A most excellent day .. we spent the entire day walking outdoors and it felt so good!!

No comments:
Post a Comment