Sept. 14 ~ Our crew is here! Patrick traveled from San Francisco to Portland where he met Rich. They got a one way rental car and drove to meet us in Port Angeles. It was great to meet up with our experienced crew to help us learn the ways of the ocean as we begin our first voyage down the NW coast.
We left Port Angeles in the late afternoon and quickly began our watch schedule. Tina & Rich taking 9-12 & 3-6am, Patrick & Tad Midnight-3 & 6-9 am. It was cold and wet. We were bucking a headwind but according to plan, the tide was with us on the way out.
Tina’s journal…’I’m sick, I’m really really sick. How did he talk me into this? I see Neah Bay in the distance and I want off this boat. I wonder if they have a Greyhound service to the Portland airport?
Saturday, September 22, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Haha you had me rolling with laughter . I was wondering how the first day would be for you .
Post a Comment