
Well, this morning was a little exciting. We actually had people working on our boat when we arrived at Seaview. So, at least the work has been started. We have done a few things ourselves:
* Had Auto Fire extinguisher installed in engine compartment.
* Installed more hand held fire extinguishers.
* Installed MOB pole w/ life buoy, drogue and floating strobe.
* Switched our VHF radio to a new model w/DSC.
* We added additional tether connection points in the cockpit.
* Additional manual bilge pump (Whale Gusher) purchased
We went to Farmer's Market on Saturday and got some fresh veggies and salsa, had a wonderful meal of fresh salmon, green beans, raw tomatoes and good wine. So, we aren't suffering (much, LOL). Our little apartment is accommodating. Next to a park where we can walk and play tennis and very near the marina. Plan 'B' is in consideration. However, our main efforts continue to lean towards our original dream of sailing south this year.
* Had Auto Fire extinguisher installed in engine compartment.
* Installed more hand held fire extinguishers.
* Installed MOB pole w/ life buoy, drogue and floating strobe.
* Switched our VHF radio to a new model w/DSC.
* We added additional tether connection points in the cockpit.
* Additional manual bilge pump (Whale Gusher) purchased
We went to Farmer's Market on Saturday and got some fresh veggies and salsa, had a wonderful meal of fresh salmon, green beans, raw tomatoes and good wine. So, we aren't suffering (much, LOL). Our little apartment is accommodating. Next to a park where we can walk and play tennis and very near the marina. Plan 'B' is in consideration. However, our main efforts continue to lean towards our original dream of sailing south this year.

2 comments:
I love those Whale Gushers... we have one in the galley to pump water into the sinks. Dang things are bullet proof.
Sounds like you are making progress. That's good. You should still make it out. You may have to do the jump in short hops. I'm thinking about Westport, Astoria, Seaside, Cresent City, Ca., etc. Spend a day or so at each port resting up for the next long day. If I remember correctly, the various marinas and ports all have guest docking. It used to be for 24 hours. I don't know if all that is still the norm or not. I'm obviously rusty on such details. Of course, you have to get past Port Angeles first. I'm poking a little fun at you two. Stay positive. Pick your weather systems and go. Nice thing about not having a required schedule, it may take you a little longer to get somewhere, BUT, eventually, you will get there. When the boys and I left New Orleans and went to Florida, (about 650 miles), it took us about 21/2 months. Saw lots of stuff along the way. Near as I can tell, the Baja thingy is the only thing you have an absolute date to meet by sailboat. Any other dates should be made by airplane anyway. More reliable than the winds. At any rate, I'm trying to live your lives for you. Enjoy the day.
Post a Comment